I’ve never really bought into the whole ‘Mondays are the root of all evil’ business, but it could be because weekends are a total drain for me. Mondays give me a little more time to sleep and any time I get to sleep in is okay by me. Anyway, today doesn’t suck for a few reasons. Allow me to explain…
A few weeks ago, darkcargo did their super cool AtHomeCon. A weekend full of panels and discussions and giveaways. I won a book (not even really realizing I’d entered into anything…I really have got to start paying more attention) and it arrived today.
I got to pick the book I wanted (from three) and was told that it was a ‘gently used’ copy, so I definitely wasn’t expecting a hardback in near perfect condition. Thanks so much to Sue at darkcargo for this!
But the mailman wasn’t done with me yet! I also won another giveaway last week (for myself and a friend), and opened up this!
Now, before you go thinking I’m all mean for not sharing – I already gave my dad SIX PIECES, and one to my oldest son. I can’t give any to the smaller kids because they would be bouncing off the walls until well into the new year and my husband doesn’t like fudge. This means that the rest is for me. If I choose to eat one piece a day for the rest of the month, that is what I will do. For once, I am not going to worry about other people eating my snacks first.
AND THEN (that was for you, Emmy), I check my email to see that a friend of mine is telling me I’ve received a VB and that she’s seen it on DD. I’m terrible with acronyms and initials unless I’m making them up, but I know it must have something to do with blogging. I log in and see that Detrimentally Disgruntled (ahhhh, DD! dur) has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award-type-thingy! See, now it makes sense. I’m only stupid sometimes, I swear.
Thank you so much, Ms Olletron for bestowing this blogging award-meme-type-thing upon me. Your posts rock and I hope you have bazillions of followers some day.
Now, I’m supposed to tell 7 things about myself and I suppose it can’t be the same as the 7 other things I already told you. This means it’s more difficult that I’d anticipated. Eep.
- When I’m re-reading Harry Potter, sometimes I skip Goblet of Fire. It’s my least favourite.
- Less than 10% of my friends on social networks are people I’ve met in real life. I tend to not really care for the people I know. Why socialize with people I don’t like?
- Of that 10%, I’ve known half since I was 10 years old.
- I hate Rose Tyler. Worst. Companion. Ever.
- I have a bad habit of following blogs and then unfollowing them immediately. Oops, sorry.
- I have a music obsession. I currently have over 15,000 songs stored on my hard drive. Yes, they are all backed up on an external hard drive…just in case.
- Today is one month since I started this blog, and I just hit my 1000th view!
Lets see…thank person who gave me the award, check. Tell seven things about myself, check. Now I just have to nominate 15 bloggers to receive the same award. I’m much better prepared for it this time ’round.
- The Saucy Southerner – That’s her fudge in the picture up there. Click her name for the recipe. You know you want to!
- Meghan [eta: sorry, this doesn't exist any longer!] – I keep hoping that with all of these mentions, it will inspire her to post more.
- Surrounded by Imbeciles – He’s a history professor, but he doesn’t just talk about history. I enjoy reading and commenting on his stuff.
- SmallScreenSadie – As you may guess by her user name, she posts about tv. There’s nothing wrong with that! I have a healthy television obsession. This works. :)
- BecomingCliche – She’s becoming her mother and making us laugh at the same time. Also, it’s her birthday tomorrow. Pretend I said nothing.
- TheMiddlestSister – Holy crap, who knew you could do so many cool things with construction paper and felt?!
- HatziHatzi – Just like with Meghan, I’m hoping this will encourage her to post more frequently than she does currently.
- DarkCargo – …and not just because they sent me something. I promise.
- LittleRedReviewer – I get a lot of my ‘might read’ list from her reviews.
- UsingTheRightWords – We all need a little help sometimes.
- PeasAndCougars – She makes me laugh every time she posts. I’m pretty sure she’s won roughly a billion of these things, but still. <3
- Boggleton Drive – See 11, but replace ‘she’ with ‘he.’
- InsatiableBookSluts – Make sure to check out the Death Matches.
- ItHappensEveryDay – Because Gilly and Patrick still make me laugh. <3
- Neil Gaiman – What? He blogs more frequently than most authors and I always enjoy reading his posts.
I did it! That’s all fifteen! TAG, YOU’RE IT!