You are out of sight, but you’re not out of mind.
I am out of everything, this much I have divined.
You’re not all that far away.
Still and all you are away.
I’ve got a lot to say.
There’s nothing not to say anymore. – Mr T Experience
So, the lovely Mrs Lightly Crunchy bestowed the Beautiful Blogger Award upon us a week or so ago, and I’ve been meaning to do this post since then – if for no other reason than it would mean I could post that song I linked to up there (where the title of the post came from). If you aren’t already reading her blog, you should be. She’s pretty funny and is full of neat tips for doing things yourself at home. Like making your own Irish Cream Liqueur. No, I’m not kidding. Mrs Crunchy, thank you so much for thinking of me when you received this award, I really do appreciate it. <3
I tried searching for the origins of this award to find out if there were any actual criteria for the blogs I choose (since these things get lost along the way, like a game of blogging telephone), but apparently it’s open to interpretation. Also, since it says beautiful, I’m choosing women – sorry to Byronic Man, Art, Surrounded by Imbeciles and the Geek.
- Becoming Cliche – It’s no surprise to most of you that Heather has my favourite blog. She’s always funny, a great mom, and posts pictures of baby tortoises! What’s not to love?
- Nicole Hamlett – She sometimes forgets to blog, but that’s because she’s so busy writing about the amazing Grace Murphy. Love her (and her blog) to pieces.
- Lucy’s Football - Amy posts EVERY DAY and uses CAPS FOR EMPHASIS. She’s hysterically funny and gets all ranty and tangenty about the best things. If you’re not adverse to posts that frequently break the 2000 word limit, definitely check her out.
- Adventures in Borkdom – Bork = Book Dork. Mandy and I don’t exactly read the same things all the time (she’s far more literary than I), but I always enjoy reading what she has to say about the pages she’s currently turning. We do have incredibly similar taste in music, which makes me heart her even more.
- Lill and Jill – Friends and roommates, their blog consists entirely of fly-on-the-wall vignettes of conversation. Always funny.
- Insatiable Booksluts – Especially for Reading Rage Tuesdays and the Death Matches.
- Sappho’s Torque – I found Angelique’s blog last month when she wrote about Barbie. I hope you’ll all visit and find her posts as enjoyable as I do.
- Thank the person who gave you the award
- Paste the award on your blog
- Link the person who nominated you for the award
- Nominate 7 bloggers or less
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated
And finally, please take a moment to vote for my answer to Question of the Week over on Byronic Man. I think I win an unlimited supply of candy, or something.
UPDATE: June 22, 2012 – Look, I guess a lot of people are getting here searching for THE MEANING behind the title of this post. I’m pretty sure it’s a play on “The weather is beautiful, wish you were here!” postcards you see everywhere. So, not confusing at all. See how helpful I am, lost searchers? :)