Oh, HAI blogging award type thingies! Yes, we totally saw you sitting there, waiting for us to collect you and do…something with you, but we’re procrastinators. And we have problems with authority, so being told to do things makes us more likely to not do them.
HOWEVER! Today is a special day. Yes, it’s Friday, but MORE SPECIAL than that – today’s post (this post RIGHT HERE) is our 200th.
Let that sink in for a second.
The two girls/ladies/women who write this blog, that don’t ever really like to do anything if they don’t actually have to…have published two hundred posts. Seriously, that’s huge for us.
Since we are in a celebratory mood, we’re going to go ahead and catch up on all the tags and awards we’ve been passed on since…Oh, I don’t know – April? I think April.
(Some of these we’ve been issued more than once, so I’m just pulling the information requested from one post. It’s totally not my fault if the information doesn’t match up.)
The Sunshine Award is given to bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.
- Favorite Colour? sj – Pink and Brown Meg – Blue
- Favourite Animal? We agree that it has to be…Dodisharkicorn!
- Favourite Number? sj- Dur. 42. Or 19. Meg – 9
- Favourite Drink? sj- Alcoholic? I like red wine. Non-alcoholic? Seltzer/mineral water with lime or a splash of pomegranate juice. Meg – Anything with caffeine in it.
- Facebook or Twitter? We both prefer twitter.
- Your Passion? sj- Um…? I’m most passionate about books and music, I guess. Meg – Cheesecake
- Giving or Getting Presents? sj- Giving. Meg – Giving (awesome) presents.
- Favourite Day? sj- Hallowe’en. Or is this day of the week? I don’t know. For a stay at home mom, they all kind of run together. Meg – Friday
- Favourite Flowers? We both sneeze around flowers, so we have no favourites (except Meg likes origami flowers, so sj changes her answer to match Meg’s and is bitter she didn’t think of it first).
We’re supposed to give seven facts about ourselves here, but to make it interesting there will be 3 facts about Meg, 3 facts about sj and ONE FALSE FACT. The person who guesses the most correctly will win a dodisharkicorn ride! We’ll accept your guesses until midnight EDT on Sunday – that’ll be 9 pm Sunday for those of you on the west coast, the rest of you can figure out your own damn time zones. <3
- sj/Meg is afraid of dolls.
- sj/Meg likes black licorice.
- sj/Meg always crunches her ice.
- sj/Meg is vegetarian.
- sj/Meg thinks chewing gum is gross.
- sj/Meg was valedictorian of her graduating class.
- sj/Meg has never broken a bone, despite being enormously klutzy.
GET YOUR GUESSES IN! You don’t want to miss out on your chance to ride the dodisharkicorn, do you?!
The Booker Award, received from Danielle.
For this one we’re supposed to list our top five books of all time (sj wants you to know that she thinks this question is BS because HOW CAN SHE CHOOSE JUST FIVE?!).
sj’s Top Five
- The Waste Lands – Stephen King
- Princess Bride – William Goldman
- Good Omens – Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- War for the Oaks – Emma Bull
- The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide – Douglas Adams (shut up IT’S ONE BOOK!)
Meg’s Top Five
- Ender’s Game – Orson Scott Card
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brontë
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams (hee!)
- Dune – Frank Herbert
- Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro
Illuminating Blogger Award, received from Raving Mad Scientists.
There are no rules with this one, so we’ll just say thank you!
7*7 Link Award, received from Austin.
With this one, we get to do some talking about ourselves and our posts – which we love because we’re totally narcissistic sometimes.
- Most Beautiful Piece: I Knew This Man, He Had the Finest Trees in All the Land
- Most Helpful Piece: Dodisharkicorn: The Legend Behind the ‘Corn
- Most Popular Piece: Trashy Tuesday – The Clan of the Cave Bear (I know, sad – it has almost double the views of all the others.)
- Most Controversial Piece: What it Means to Be a Book Snob
- Most Surprisingly Successful Piece:
Why You Probably Shouldn’t Read The Silmarillion (Part I)Shortly after this was written, one of the images from Meg-ku was pinned by George Takei. Since then, it has gone from relative obscurity to one of our Top Five posts. So, THAT was surprising.
- Most Underrated Piece: On Time Travel, Growing Up and the Borderlands
- Most Pride-worthy Piece: I Still Dream of Space
AND FINALLY Lill and Jill tagged us with a few questions.
The answer to the first is easy. You can find your very own dodisharkicorn RIGHT HERE!
As far as Barry goes, Meg has this to say:
Um, all of these ask that we pass them on from 5-15 bloggers, but we’re not doing that. Sorry. We heart you all, but we don’t want to play favourites. If you’d like to take part in any of these, please steal them for yourselves!
Don’t forget – you have until Midnight on Sunday to guess which facts are about who. You know you want to ride the dodisharkicorn! You only get one guess, though, so make sure to make it count!