Yup, that’s right! No. Effing. Challenges. While I had a good time last year reading ALL THE NEW (to me) THINGS, there is no way in hell I’m doing that again in 2013.
This year, I’m going to just read things I want to read, and if I’ve already read them, IDGaF. Honestly.
Here are some of the things I intend to re-read this year because I love them so much.
- Emily of New Moon (series)
- Anne of Green Gables (series)
- Dresden Files and Codex Alera (series, dur)
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (I might read these twice. I don’t know and I don’t care because I CAN READ WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT!)
- ALL THE JASPER FFORDE!
- Harry Potter!
- The Colour Faerie Books
- Maybe A Song of Ice and Fire (but maybe not, because if I don’t want to, I don’t have to – YAY!)
- The Mote in God’s Eye (but probably not the sequel because I just didn’t like it all that much)
- ALL THE STEPHEN KING! Heather and I have decided to read his books in order of publication starting this year (no, it’s not a challenge, it’s JUST BECAUSE WE WANT TO), but this will probably take longer than 12 months, since we’ll also be reading other things. It’ll just be a book or two or three a month, depending on the length of the book. Some of them I haven’t read since junior high, so this should be interesting.
And you know what? I’m not going to read them in this order (with everything other than the Stephen King, I mean)! I’m not going to read them in ANY ORDER! Because I don’t have to. I’m a grown ass woman, and I’m kind of tired of being told what I can and can’t do.
There you have it. My non-existent reading plan for this year. Do I have any goals? Um, yes. To read whatever the fuck I want. So, if you catch me reading something that it seems like I’m hating, please yell at me…unless it’s obviously for Trashy Tuesday, and then I’m reading it FOR YOU.
Wanna join in on #YoRWtFIW? Grab the button!