Two years ago today, I started this blog.
Two weeks ago today, my finger hovered over this button for longer than I care to admit.
What stopped me? A few things.
I hit 100,000 all time views (daaaaaaaaamn) and noticed a blogger I respect a ton had added me to her super tiny blogroll.
It’s been a rough year for a lot of reasons. I started the year with a big move, and I’m ending the year with an even bigger move. I’ve made a lot of friends and lost some of those friends, and even though things have been pretty horrible for the last few weeks, things seem to maybe be picking up.
Anyway, you don’t want to hear about all that, right? You want to know WHAT EVERYBODY READ! And even if you don’t, I kind of don’t care cos I’m going to tell you anyway.
Most Popular Posts Published Since November, 2012
- You’ll Get Nothing and Like It – This post marked the first time this blog was Freshly Pressed. It was a throwaway post I kind of regretted writing shortly after publishing it, but apparently I did something right.
- I Don’t Remember That…? (Part II) – Still pretty proud of this rant. Don’t even care that the reason most people found it is cos they were searching for Thranduil on his mighty elk steed.
- Don’t Be a Sexist Pig: A PSA from Your Buddy Bill - Second time Freshly Pressed, but I didn’t write this one. OH WELL, IT STILL COUNTS.
- Don’t Tell Me What to Read, and I Won’t Call You an Insufferable Asshole – Dang. I should work on my post titles, maybe.
- Kill Yr Idols…or Just Pretend They’re Not on Social Media – Again. I need to work on titles.
- Why Do You Hate Me, Peter Jackson? - Actually, this title kind of rules.
- Six Books I Will Never Read - Is anyone noticing a pattern? Like, all of these posts are ranty? What’s that about?
- Five Book-to-Film Adaptations that Make Me All Stabbity – See? More ranting.
- Y U No Read Tolkien, Bitches? – Heh.
- Now Which of Five Thousand Answers Should She Give to That One? - Oh. Well. I wasn’t expecting this one to pop up here. This is…probably the most personal thing I’ve written. I’m surprised that it’s here.
Now, if I go back and check the All Time stats, we start to see the Silmarillion posts and some PtBiB stuff (which is also pretty ranty, let’s be honest), of course the Clan of the Cave Bear (which I just typed Care Bear no less than four times) posts and that’s okay with me. I guess. Those posts are kind of funny.
What’s coming up this year?
Well, a lot less posting, probably. I’ve stopped requesting ARCs and Galleys and will only do so now if it’s something I’m super interested in, an author I want to champion or something I’m really really not wanting to wait to read. I’m tired of feeling obligated to review things and I’m just…tired.
I started another blog earlier this year that was supposed to be full of non-bookish things, but lost interest pretty quickly. I like THIS blog. This blog is my home. So…you’ll be seeing more stuff from just me and less from other people. Expect fewer reviews unless it’s something I have to spread the word about. Expect a more sporadic posting schedule (like the last few months, let’s be honest).
Don’t ask me if I’m okay. I am. I just need time away. I won’t apologize for it. I really am okay, I just need to not worry about reviews and stuff for a while. I got all caught up in comments and views and stuff and it was making me miserable. For the last two months I’ve barely checked my stats and ZOMFG it felt so good.
A celebratory matter. I know it’s my bloggiversary, so you should all be giving ME gifts, but I wanted to do something for you guys.
So I put the names of everyone who’s commented for the past year in the Hat and drew one.
The winner of the soopersekrit snobbery mystery giveaway isssssssssss……..
It’s kind of appropriate cos Trevor and I are positive there’s some weird clone thing going on with us. Trev, send me your address, yo. I know exactly what I’m getting you.
To everyone else – thanks so much for reading and commenting. Two years ago I thought there was no way anyone would ever read this shitty little blog of mine, let alone read it as faithfully as you have. I can never express enough how much it means to have you all visit me here.
PS. Title is apropos of nothing, I’ve just been listening to The Steinways today. SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT TITLES?!